[Standards] XEP-277 (microblogging) inaccuracies

Sergey Dobrov binary at jrudevels.org
Wed May 11 15:28:01 UTC 2011

On 05/11/2011 10:15 PM, Vanaryon wrote:
> Hello,
>
> You are right, I did not specified this in the XEP for the replies,
> because I though it was the choice of clients and users. Well, we partly
> do what you defined in your mail in Jappix, excepted for the real time
> notifications.
It could be ok if subscribers can configure such settings as
"pubsub#notify_retract" but they can't. I wish to write another
suggestion to XEP-0060 but there are some complicate things that I have
not decided how to solve.

> How do you update the microblog in real time without
> pubsub#send_last_published_item set to presence value?
That setting doesn't means an absence of notifications at all. This only
means that event will be sent you at EACH your login. I think that it
useful only for such nodes as tune or mood (because they role is
something like presences) but not microblog because it leads to traffic
amplification but we need to store posts to represent them to user so
why to receive them again?

> There's a XEP-0277 update query to 0.4, I think you should wait it is
> updated on Gitorious and then apply changes to the XEP ;)
Ok. :) Thanks

--
With best regards,
Sergey Dobrov,