[Standards] updated Sensors proposal

Mario Bergés marioberges at cmu.edu
Tue May 17 17:14:57 UTC 2011

Thanks Peter.

We have been following the messages on the list, waiting for some feedback
on our proposed XEP (http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/sensors.html). Not
much has happened since the last message (1 month ago).

I wanted to reiterate that we would very much like to hear from others
whether Sensor Over XMPP (SOX) covers their needs in terms of sensing and/or
actuation. We have been involved in discussions with other folks who are
developing sensing middleware and have tried to modify the payload schema to
fit their needs, and we'd like to do the same based on your feedback.

The bottom line is that we would like to work with all of you to make sure
this XEP can address your needs, and we are willing to modify in any way to
make this possible.

Thanks,

- Mario