[Standards] dialback feature

Philipp Hancke fippo at goodadvice.pages.de
Wed May 18 20:08:08 UTC 2011

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> So here is what I proposed during the XMPP Council meeting:
>
> <stream:features>
>    <dialback xmlns='urn:xmpp:features:dialback'/>
> </stream:features>
>
> http://xmpp.org:5290/muc_log/muc.xmpp.org/council/110518/#15:05:44
>
> That would mean "I support updated dialback with the fancy dialback
> errors stuff", because we advertise support for traditional dialback via
> namespace declaration on the stream header.

It took me about two minutes to find out which implementations do
advertise that feature without supporting dialback errors:
prosody (.im)
tigase (.org)
m-link 14.6a6 (jabber.org, certainly does the right thing [tm])
jabberd2 (xiaoka.com)

This is not advertised by and ejabberd, openfire or jabberd1.
Advertised (with errors) by m-link (15.x) and psyced.

> Thus we get rid of the<errors/>  child element because we seem to have
> consensus that it's Just Wrong [tm].

Let's just bump the version number of the stream - after all this is
about not sending a stream error in response to a dialback request.