[Standards] OpenNI interface.

Sven-Erik Tiberg Sven-Erik.Tiberg at ltu.se
Tue Nov 22 08:12:32 UTC 2011

Hi

One of the present discussion within the HTML5 extension for X3D community www.web3d.org ( suggested std. for 3D in web browsers ) are Multi User network protocol.
One of the proposed protocol are XMPP in Real Time mode, using X3D based XML chema.

OpenNI www.openni.org are a  intended to certify and promote the compatibility and interoperability of Natural Interaction (NI) devices, applications and middleware.

One possible application in OpenNI could be a XMPP/X3D network protocol interface to interact with X3D sceens.

Presently we are discussion on XMPP for X3d performance in Real Time upgrade rate of X3D sceens using diffrent physical transport layer as ADSL, LAN a.s.o.

And if we should implement local jabber servers in more advanced clients running more advanced 3D applications. Like engine for inverse kinematic to support avatar animation using MS Kinect Human Interface Device over OpenNI.

PS. didn't know to what forum I should put this question as it contains more than one area of development so I would like to know your opinion.

/Sven-Erik Tiberg