[Standards] XEP-0258 and XEP-0060

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Tue Nov 22 13:40:38 UTC 2011

On Tue Nov 22 13:33:36 2011, Kurt Zeilenga wrote:

> On Nov 21, 2011, at 2:49 PM, Dave Cridland wrote:
> > One label per publish suits me.
>
> Though that can be made to work with digital signatures, it would
> be slightly odd.

You think? I think it'd be very difficult to manage multi-level
publish requests in any kind of real environment. What happens if
only part of the publish request can pass through a link? I feel very
uncomfortable partially sending, so that suggests the whole thing has
to be rejected.

> >> As far as Dave's concern about changing labels, I note that we
> do need to well support item visibility changes in XEP 60.  I don't
> have any specific suggestions on how here.
> >
> > I had a label change concern?
>
> It's something I read into "it's going to need to decide what to do
> if different items do and do not pass the ACDF."  Specifically,
> "different times" into that under the assumption that authorization
> factors can change.

Oh, I see. Yes, that must be exactly what I meant, then. Well done me.

Dave.
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave at cridland.net - xmpp:dwd at dave.cridland.net
  - http://dave.cridland.net/