[Standards] Fwd: Minutes 2011-11-23

Kevin Smith kevin at kismith.co.uk
Thu Nov 24 11:08:59 UTC 2011

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kevin Smith
Date: Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 11:08 AM
Subject: Minutes 2011-11-23
To: XMPP Council

Minutes for the Council meeting 2011-11-23

(Web logs currently unavailable)

1) Roll call
Kev, Matt Miller, Matt Wild, Ralph and Tobias present.

2) Selection of a new Chair.
Kev volunteered, no objections.

3) XEP-0068 version 1.2
http://xmpp.org/extensions/tmp/xep-0068-1.2.html,
Accept new version?

Agreement to wait until Working Group Last Call within the IETF on the
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-appsawg-xdash document before
making corresponding changes to  XEP-0068. Happiness to publish a
Council Note in XEP-0068 for the moment saying that we expect updates
in line with xdash in the future.

4) http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/dmuc3.html
Accept as Experimental?

Kev expressed concern that this was very similar in approach to one of
the existing proposals and so might not be adding value, but didn't
intend to block publication unless other Council members agree.

All have a fortnight to read the proposal and object on-list.

5) Date of next meeting.
Difficulties with availability for Matt Miller and Ralph over the next
few weeks - agreement to not schedule a meeting until we have things
that need discussing.

6) Any other business.

Discussions about Council notes in XEPs. Matt Miller to try to find
time to have a look at what's needed (possibly nothing)
stylesheet-wise.
Discussion about possible GSoC '12 (no actions)

Fini.