[Standards] MSN does XMPP

Nicolas Vérité nicolas.verite at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 17:43:38 UTC 2011

Hi,

Thanks for those of you who twitted it:
http://www.liveside.net/2011/09/14/messenger-connect-is-now-live-connect-new-apis-for-skydrive-and-hotmail-calendar/
XMPP Interface : You can integrate Messenger into your Web-based,
desktop, or mobile instant messaging products by connecting to our
XMPP service.

It's Microsoft! Quite a sign... but...

Now, what we may see is cheating on the protocol, interop risks.

What do we have to prevent this? Nothing.

Certification is far too complex and costly (for all).

Simple tests (like ACID) may be a good way: with public testing and
results, it lets the communities booh the cheaters.

I think it's the most important task we have now.

What is your opinion?
Nicolas Vérité (Nÿco) mailto:nicolas.verite at gmail.com
Jabber ID : xmpp:nyco at jabber.fr