[Standards] MSN does XMPP

dmex dmex04 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 19:58:05 UTC 2011

It is like facebook but Microsoft is interoperating and is/was working with
Facebook, XMPP is how Live Messenger has supported facebook XMPP chat since
last year. Microsoft use their Lync Server to convert the XMPP messages into
the appropriate MSNP messages, They worked with Facebook directly in using
the X-FACEBOOK-PLATFORM sasl authentication to authenticate users on Live
from Messenger with Facebook and they based their authentication on the
Facebook sasl authentication.

You can use the information here as a guide for X-MESSENGER-OATH2:
https://developers.facebook.com/docs/chat/

Open an embedded browser instance to:
'https://oauth.live.com/authorize?client_id=[YOUR_CLIENT_ID]&redirect_uri=ht
tps://oauth.live.com/desktop&response_type=token&scope=wl.basic', then once
the user authenticates and allows access and once that’s complete you get
your usual oath access_token for authenticating via xmpp.