[Standards] request for reviews: XEP-0045 v1.25rc5

Alexander Holler holler at ahsoftware.de
Mon Sep 19 22:33:33 UTC 2011

Am 19.09.2011 20:47, schrieb Peter Saint-Andre:

>> - Which nicks are reserved? (owner, admins, members)
>> - Owners, admins ormembers without reserved nicks?
>
> Nicks are reserved based on registering with the room. Nicks of owners
> and admins are not reserved automatically, unless an implementation
> decides that is a nice feature.

Registering with a room is getting the affiliation member. So how does
an owner or admin reserves a (his) nick? I think especially those want
to have their nick registered.

>> - What happens with reserved nicks when someone changes his nick? Does
>> the reserved nick changes too?
>
> Implementation specific.

Hmm, that means clients never can implement reserved-nick-handling
because they just don't know how the server behaves.

Regards,

Alexander