[Standards] Account Management protoXEP

Kurt Zeilenga Kurt.Zeilenga at Isode.COM
Wed Sep 21 17:42:35 UTC 2011

On Sep 21, 2011, at 8:53 AM, Dave Cridland wrote:
> Registration does indeed pose a problem - I see three strategies for dealing with it:

I think registration is divorce-able from management of existing accounts, and should be divorced.

I suspect there is little actual demand from deployers for In-XMPP registration.  Most folks are likely to use some sort of out-of-band method to provision users… even public XMPP services are likely to use web-based provision.

I rather we worry more about user management of their existing account.

-- Kurt