[Standards] Suggestion for XEP-0045 : permit alias for the MUC address

EcliptuX ecliptux at onnouscachetout.com
Fri Sep 23 21:17:14 UTC 2011

Le 23/09/2011 23:05, Peter Saint-Andre a écrit :
> On 9/21/11 12:01 PM, EcliptuX wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On my jabber server, I'm running a MUC on the address conference.domain.tld
>> I want to be able to create an alias like muc.domain.tld, but the
>> XEP-0045 don't permit it.
>>
>> Is possible to add this specification in the next release ?
> The specification doesn't restrict the addresses -- I have seen
> conference.jabber.org, muc.xmpp.org, rooms.swift.im, etc.

I think I was not clear :)

I have an active room named salon at conference.onnouscachetout.com
I regret the choice of the term "conference" and I want to change it to
a shorter one as "muc"
I want to have my room on salon at muc.onnouscachetout.com, but I want to
keep the old one working ! I don't want to disturb my guests !

So, I really want an alias of @conference.onnouscachetout.com to
@muc.onnouscachetout.com

And it's look like the XEP-0045 don't support this fonctionnality yet :)