[Standards] request for reviews: XEP-0045 v1.25rc5

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Wed Sep 28 17:25:05 UTC 2011

On 9/28/11 2:04 AM, Dave Cridland wrote:
> On Tue Sep 27 22:28:49 2011, Alexander Holler wrote:
>> Hmm, doesn't forwarding IQs be a problem for semianonymous rooms?
>> Especially for things like vcard?
>
> Indeed; M-Link actually turns these off by defaultfor users who are
> anonymous (but has a configurable to turn them back on).
>
> Some clients request the vCard directly from the real jid if they see
> one, which effectively means that forwarding vCard requests to
> non-anonymous particpants rarely happens. In general, this is worth
> recommending, I think (and poses no new protocol, which is nicer).

Isn't that handled by the existing text in Section 16.4?

    If an occupant wants to send an IQ stanza to another user in a
    non-anonymous room, the sender SHOULD send the request directly to
    the recipient's bare JID or full JID, rather than attempting to send
    the request through the room (i.e., via the recipient's room JID).

/psa