[Standards] XEP-0096 (SI File Transfer): fallback method is not explained

Goffi goffi at goffi.org
Thu Sep 29 11:46:44 UTC 2011

G'day everybody,

On the XEP-0096, several stream methods can be used, and it's said that
In-Band Bytestreams must be implemented and can be used as a fallback
method if everything else doens't work. But I don't see any explaination
on how to do the fallback, so how are we supposed to do ? The only way I
see is to propose the file a second time, but that mean that the user
will have to confirm it again.
I know there is the more modern jingle approch to transfer files
(XEP-0234), but XEP-0096 is more widely deployed (and is standard while
XEP-0234 is experimental at the moment), so I'm implementing this one first.

Any suggestion welcome

thanks
Goffi