[Standards] We need to extend XEP-0080. (XMPP and Next Generation 9-1-1 / i3 / geolocation)

Barry Dingle btdingle at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 23:04:57 UTC 2012

An extension of XEP-0080 or a new, enhanced super-set XEP is very
necessary. Regulators are slowly recognising that they must provide
Emergency Service access using the forms of communication that many people
use on a daily basis. XMPP is a classic case.

Joe,

Emergency Services people NEED public specifications of protocols before
they will specify their use in their Requirements.  Casual enhancements
will not 'fly' with them.

Cheers,
/Barry

Barry Dingle
Fixed - +61(0)3-9725-3937    Mob - +61(0)41-911-7578
Fellow of University of Melbourne, Electrical and Electronic Eng.,
Australia