[Standards] LAST CALL: XEP-0308 (Last Message Correction)

Kurt Zeilenga Kurt.Zeilenga at Isode.COM
Mon Aug 13 16:15:33 UTC 2012

Why is this restriction restricted to editing the "last" stanza sent?

Is this due to presentation issues?

If so, I think the clients are going to have to deal with them no matter what restrictions we place on senders...  because a sender cannot control other senders.  In short, receiving clients have to appropriately deal with replacements for non-last stanzas.  And as clients are certainly going to have to deal with this MUC, seems no big deal for them to deal with it general.

Anyways, if there's no particularly strong reason to have the "last" message restriction, I think it should be removed.

-- Kurt