[Standards] File hosting XEP?

Jefry Lagrange jefry.reyes at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 16:53:40 UTC 2012

> Sure, but how client will upload it's attachments? I can do it in a
> client-specific way, but then others will not be able to implement the
> same thing.

If I understand correctly, what you want to do is to attach files to a
microblog post. Since you can use Out of Band Data for that, you can
upload the file out of band without the need of xmpp e.g. uploading it
to an FTP.

True, the client has to be modified to support this, but since it
isn't covered in any XEP afaik, you would have to modify it anyway.

Therefore, your client will be able to upload files while other
clients will not until their devs deem it a necessary feature.

--
Jefry Lagrange