[Standards] File hosting XEP?

Sergey Dobrov binary at jrudevels.org
Wed Aug 15 08:44:12 UTC 2012

On 08/14/2012 08:55 PM, Todd Herman wrote:
> [...]

Don't you think that it's wrong to require clients support protocols
other than XMPP? What if clients work in some restricted environment or
etc? Again, there's no any mechanism that allow client to decide HOW
EXACTLY it can upload a file. Besides there are many protocols that
allow to upload a file (though I don't know how to control ACL anyway),
there is no way to precisely know about URL that will be used to access
the file. So I think that we need to use some protocol that designed to
make attachments through XMPP.

--
With best regards,
Sergey Dobrov,