[Standards] Comments on XEP-0301 -- Section 1

Gregg Vanderheiden gv at trace.wisc.edu
Wed Aug 22 21:35:13 UTC 2012

agree

You can say

TTY was derived from Teletypewriter - a device originally used by people who are deaf to communicate.  But today Teletypewriters no longer exist and TTY is used to refer to a type of telecommunications device used by people who are deaf that supports Baudot (and sometimes other coding schemes) over analog phone lines.

that however is probably too much history.     but if you are using Teletypewriter - that would be the \correct way to use it.

Gregg
Gregg Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Director Trace R&D Center
and Biomedical Engineering