[Standards] Comments on XEP-0301 -- Section 1

Edward Tie famtie at xs4all.nl
Wed Aug 22 22:28:53 UTC 2012

Op 22/08/2012 23:42, Mark Rejhon schreef:
> Is this politics-proof:
>
> "TTY (derived from teletypewriter) and text telephones"
>
> I don't like it, but I am going to leave it unmodified (against M&M
> wishes) unless there's a consensus.
I agree with gregg. it's history. At this time many deaf poeple haven't
own computer and internet. In USA a litte group of deaf poeple are using
teletypewriter first. some inventer have developed first TTY from
teletypewriter.  But many different textphones have own standaards of
campany. In 1988 was V.18 introduced as new standard for all text
phones. This machine was not available at Netherlands. We wait for first
text telephone at 1988.

Edward Tie