[Standards] Comments on XEP-0301 -- Section 1

Gunnar Hellström gunnar.hellstrom at omnitor.se
Thu Aug 23 03:59:35 UTC 2012

On 2012-08-23 03:27, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> On 8/22/12 12:30 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
>
>> First, this section is written more as a marketing pitch and less
>> as a technical description.  This bothers me enough that I strongly
>> urge it be changed.
> Strangely, this section didn't bother me much. I'm more interested in
> the technical aspects of the specification at this point. :)
>
> Peter
I also could not find the marketing pitch. I read the section as a short
plain technical feature description and a short background. The sentence
in bold is the definition of real-time text used also in other technical
specifications.

In other threads we have discussed cleaning the example list from brand
names. A conclusion on that is in Marks' edit queue.

I suggest that the section is left essentially as it is.

/Gunnar