[Standards] Comments on XEP-0301 -- Section 1 - TTY

Matthew Miller linuxwolf at outer-planes.net
Tue Aug 28 16:11:25 UTC 2012

I think either of these is ok.  I'd still like at least some reference to how the technology works, since you are using this as a reference of prior art.  If you can't include a reference, then an internet search of the term needs to lead very quickly to a description of the technology.

Remember, this is a document primarily for technology implementers!  These implementer might not be (in fact, are likely not) intimately familiar with the technology in general, and might want to study it more in their efforts to implement 301.

If you're going to cite prior art, then you better make sure you can properly point to a description of how that prior art works.  I would STRONGLY RECOMMEND doing a Google/Bing/DuckDuckGo search on the terms, and make sure the first 5 results describe the technology.

- - m&m

Matthew A. Miller
<http://goo.gl/LK55L>