[Standards] LAST CALL: XEP-0308 (Last Message Correction)

Kurt Zeilenga kurt.zeilenga at isode.com
Fri Aug 31 12:27:23 UTC 2012

On Aug 31, 2012, at 4:09 AM, Dave Cridland <dave at cridland.net> wrote:

> I'm still concerned that replacing any but the author's last message is likely to cause problems with accurately presenting the data.

I generally think it best to separately display the corrected text (as a new message) in the presentation stream with annotations that it is a replacement for a previously presented text, whether it's the last message or not.  This not only for security reasons, but to maintain conversational flow.

-- Kurt