[Standards] Status of XEP-xxxx: Sensor-over-XMPP

Peter Waher Peter.Waher at clayster.com
Mon Dec 17 16:54:39 UTC 2012

Hello Hannes

I'm sorry to see I missed your mail. Could you mail me this again? (Also to peterwaher at hotmail.com). Perhaps it got lost in an e-mail filter, which seems to happen a lot unfortunately :(, both ways.

Regarding HTTP: We're not using HTTP a lot in our sensor communication yet, mostly in research projects. However, we're also pushing for web 3.0 technology, i.e. sensor data using semantic web technologies, which is mainly (but not necessarily) based on HTTP(S). We believe this to be the future of IoT also. If we could intermarry XMPP & web 3.0 technologies, would be great, and is one of my hopes/goals to achieve within the XSF. (However, it would require multiple XEP's.)

Sincerely,
Peter Waher