[Standards] Comments on XEP-45 1.25rc12

Florian Zeitz florob at babelmonkeys.de
Wed Feb 1 01:29:11 UTC 2012

Am 01.02.2012 02:20, schrieb Peter Saint-Andre:
> On 1/31/12 5:57 PM, Florian Zeitz wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> someone just pointed out to me that the current revision of XEP-45
>> prescribes JIDs to modify the moderator list. This seemed quite strange
>> to me, and after examining 1.25rc12 it seems this was fixed in example
>> 148 in section 9.8.
>
> In fact, I think we didn't touch that text at all in the revision
> process, because it's the same in 1.24. Compare the following two URLs
> side by side:
>
> http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0045.html#modifymod
>
> http://xmpp.org/extensions/tmp/xep-0045-1.25.html#modifymod

Right, as I said the text is unchanged, the example (138 in the former
148 in the later) however is.

>> I think it should read:
>> «In order to do so, the admin MUST send the changed items (i.e., only
>> the "delta") back to the service; each item MUST include the 'nick'
>> attribute and 'role' attribute (set to a value of "moderator" to grant
>> moderator status or "participant" to revoke moderator status) but SHOULD
>> NOT include the 'jid' attribute and MUST NOT include the 'affiliation'
>> attribute (which is used to manage affiliations such as admin rather
>> than the moderator role):»
>
> I'd be fine with that, but I'd also like to see more discussion before
> we change it in the spec.
I'd be surprised if this was more than correctly documenting the status
quo, because I doubt implementations special case this particular role
change, however if someone disagrees I'd certainly like to hear that.

[snip form fields]

> Fixed in my working copy.
>
> Thanks for the feedback!

Thank you.