[Standards] [XEP-0234] File checking in JingleFT

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Wed Feb 8 17:21:49 UTC 2012

On 12/12/11 11:32 AM, Jefry Lagrange wrote:
> I was thinking that maybe we propose a separate XEP for file checking.
> Still, some changes should have to be done to JingleFT such as
> allowing range transfer reuse the session and add a "limit" attribute
> in the range file transfer. So that it can send chunks of data (with
> offset and limit).

Well, XEP-0234 is not finished, so "should have been done" is a bit
pessimistic. I have just updated the spec to track the latest changes to
XEP-0300 and I'd be happy to make further changes so that we can support
future checking algorithms. I agree that we also need to provide clearer
documentation of ranged transfers (e.g., reusing the Jingle session ID).

https://stpeter.im/