[Standards] MAM

Matthew Wild mwild1 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 21:59:21 UTC 2012

On 10 February 2012 21:09, Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at stpeter.im> wrote:
> On 2/10/12 12:01 PM, Kim Alvefur wrote:

>>> I've read the spec and I really like it, thank you for your work! My
>>> wishes to it:
>>>
>>> 1) Some way to retrieve a number of messages which will be retrieved
>>> with a query. May be useful when synchronize a large archive to show,
>>> for example, a progress of the process.
>>
>> I think this is covered by Result Set Management integration, if the
>> implementation supports that in combination with MAM.
>
> Matthew, may the XEP Editor consider MAM contributed to the XSF inbox,
> or would you like to make further changes before the XMPP Council
> considers it for acceptance as a XEP?

I really would like to make further changes, the version I uploaded is
very much a work in progress 'preview' that is not ready for
implementation yet in my opinion. I understand the purpose of
'experimental' status, but I would rather get things mostly right on
the first attempt than submit a protoXEP that I have substantial
protocol changes queued for.

That said, you can consider even what is there a contribution to the
community, and if people really think it's worthy of submission in its
current state then I won't hold it back. I suggest giving it a week...
if I haven't officially submitted it by then, let's move forward with
the current draft.

The summit highlighted the widespread interest in this spec to me, so
I really shall try my best to get it cleaned up and submitted in the
coming days.

Regards,
Matthew