[Standards] Pubsub: override item id when publish

Sergey Dobrov binary at jrudevels.org
Wed Feb 15 16:15:51 UTC 2012

I am working on a gateway to a legacy microblogging network now
(juick.com) and I have a problem: items ids have rules that predefined
by legacy network rules, so I want pubsub publish to redefine item id
when publish request is done. The XEP-60 describes mechanism that can be
useful for it (7.1.2. Success case: "If the publish request did not
include an ItemID, the IQ-result SHOULD include an empty <item/> element
that specifies the ItemID of the published item."), but it doesn't cover
the case if user included item id.

So I suggest to add to 7.1.2 that client MUST always check if service
has changed the item id. Then it will be possible to do serial items ids
also.

Do anyone know if this will be a problem for anything?

--
With best regards,
Sergey Dobrov,