[Standards] Pubsub: override item id when publish

Sergey Dobrov binary at jrudevels.org
Fri Feb 17 11:50:42 UTC 2012

> Hi Sergey,

Hello again.

> On 2/15/12 9:15 AM, Sergey Dobrov wrote:
>
>> So I suggest to add to 7.1.2 that client MUST always check if
>> service has changed the item id. Then it will be possible to do
>> serial items ids also.
>
>> Do anyone know if this will be a problem for anything?
>
> I think this is similar to joining a chatroom or setting a
> resourcepart when logging in: the server has the right to change the
> identifier that was provided by the user. So I think this is something
> we should fix when we revise XEP-0060 later this year.

Ok, that's great, I am using this feature now and it seems to work
excellent. But I have one adjacent question: is it possible for a pubsub
service to modify a payload someway? For example, to filter spam /
obscene or inadmissible expressions, also it may be useful to add an
"alternate" link to atom payloads with a web representation of the item
because client can't know where exactly it will be located. So if it is
possible then client should know how the item is now looks. It may be
done with including the changed payload into the same result iq, I think. :)

--
With best regards,
Sergey Dobrov,