[Standards] Pubsub: override item id when publish

Sergey Dobrov binary at jrudevels.org
Sun Feb 19 12:44:52 UTC 2012

On 02/17/2012 11:17 PM, Dave Cridland wrote:
> On Fri Feb 17 15:47:39 2012, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
>> Yes, that's a good suggestion!
>
> There's nothing wrong with it, but - if the publisher really cares about
> what's being published, surely the publisher just subscribes?
>
> If it's not allowed to subscribe, then why tell it what's been published
> anyway?

Actually, I don't know if it's really needed too. My usecase is:

1. User posts a comment to some thread which it doesn't want to listen to.
2. Server modifies it's post adding an "alternate" link there.
3. Client wants to know which link was given to the comment.

Actually, client can just request the post again, but I thought that
this is an overhead.

Anyway, even if we will not give such acknowledgment, we, probably, have
to notice in the XEP that client MUST collect information about items
only from notifications or direct request and not from the posted item.

--
With best regards,
Sergey Dobrov,