[Standards] Pubsub: "Item Publisher" again.

Sergey Dobrov binary at jrudevels.org
Fri Feb 24 12:51:57 UTC 2012

Hello,

I already asked but nothing happened:
http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0060.html#publisher-publish-success-publisher
says:

> If configured to do so, the service can include the publisher of the
item when it generates event notifications.

This isn't clear at all. How it should be configured? How to check if
the service WILL include the publisher?

Can we REQUIRE a service to include this? Because, it's really the only
way to check if item publisher was not spoofed.

For now I using that feature but have no any way to do it consistently.
Without it, any publisher can sign it post with any other.

The http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0060.html#impl-association doesn't
reply to the question because it describes another behavior of the
attribute and not switching it on or off.

--
With best regards,
Sergey Dobrov,