[Standards] Pubsub to atom mapping :)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Tue Feb 28 19:29:36 UTC 2012

On 2/28/12 1:56 AM, Sergey Dobrov wrote:
> On 02/28/2012 06:36 AM, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
>> On 2/27/12 12:36 AM, Sergey Dobrov wrote:
>>> The other thing here is linking: atom:link needs attributes "ref" and
>>> "href", but href usually points to the atom feed at all and ref points
>>> to the specific entry in the feed by it's atom:id. Then, should we point
>>> to the node there and not to the specific item in the node? Then we can
>>> exclude atom:id from entries as superfluous. Have we to change Atom's
>>> xmlns then?
>>
>> I don't see any harm from duplicating the atom:id in the payload.
>>

> The only one: what if some software will write different values to
> there? Which one will be trusted then?

Yeah, I thought about that. It might depend on who is relying on which
attribute. E.g., the base XMPP implementation might rely on the pubsub
ItemID for tracking purposes related to the message transport, whereas
the Atom payload might be handed off to a higher-level application that
relies on the atom:id for things like de-duplication.

https://stpeter.im/