[Standards] XEP-0301 Session handling

Mark Rejhon markybox at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 03:15:17 UTC 2012

Hello,

> That's a client configuration and UI issue, not a protocol issue.

Actually, we've found it is a very important long-term interoperability
issue -- please see my big email, we have plans to add RTT to multiple open
source clients.   We've explained several scenarios

(i.e. a Year 2014 build of Pidgin talking to a Year 2014 build of Adium
....)

Even if the interoperability is accomplished by a software practice, the
software practice still needs to be 'standardized' between different
brands, and therefore must be mentioned in XEP-0301, and therefore relevant
discussion....

Mark Rejhon