[Standards] Obsoleting XEP-0130 (Waiting Lists)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Wed Feb 29 20:49:11 UTC 2012

<hat type='editor'/>

During the XMPP Council meeting earlier today, I raised the issue of
Obsoleting XEP-0130 (Waiting Lists). This protocol was designed mostly
by a few folks from Jabber Inc. and France Telecom, and used primarily
in France Telecom's XMPP-based messaging service. That service went
offline in ~2007 and I have verified that support for the protocol was
removed from the Jabber XCP codebase some time ago. I am not aware of
any other existing deployments, since they would have been provided to
interoperate with France Telcom's service. Therefore I think it is
appropriate to change the status of XEP-0130 to Obsolete. If you have
any concerns about this action, please post to this list by March 16, 2012.

https://stpeter.im/