[Standards] XEP-0301 -- starting and stopping real-time text in a chat session.

Gregg Vanderheiden gv at trace.wisc.edu
Sun Jul 1 05:34:37 UTC 2012

On Jul 1, 2012, at 12:29 AM, Kurt Zeilenga wrote:

> I don't really object to the spec being called "real time text".  What I object to is not keep clear (and separate) issues which pertain to RTT as a extension to XMPP IM vs. RTT as a part of 'total (real-time) conversation service".

Heard and understood.     That sounds like a good idea.

RTT as a part of total (real-time) conversation is a potential USE of  RTT-XMPP-IM,  not a required use or required context of use.
RTT-XMPP-IM is an entity totally separate from   Total Conversation.    (though one use might be in a Total Conversation service)

Gregg