[Standards] XEP-0301 -- starting and stopping real-time text in a chat session.

Mark Rejhon markybox at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 16:08:21 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 11:34 AM, Kurt Zeilenga <kurt.zeilenga at isode.com>wrote:

> In short, I think the potential use of XMPP IM/RTT in emergency services
> should not only be beyond the scope of this spec, and used as basis for
> making any design design or stating of any particular
> requirement/recommendation.  The use of non-specialized XMPP
> software/systems for emergency services seems quite speculative.

Attention everyone... good discussion...but the crisis is solved. (minor
spec fix was made).

Let's give the list a little relief.
I have been hogging this mailing list quite a bit for the last 3 days.
I'd like to get done with that ASAP -- before the XMPP gods burn me at the
stake for hogging the list. :-)

Goal is publish next XEP-0301 update by early this week.  The original goal
was Friday, but the publishing is postponed to at least Monday/Tuesday due
to the huge number of public comments and private emails I've received, and
this being done outside my work hours, and during weekends.  LAST CALL
should be quiet because this is already a de-facto LAST CALL already.

Sincerely,
Mark Rejhon