[Standards] XEP-0301 -- starting and stopping real-time text in a chat session.

Gregg Vanderheiden gv at trace.wisc.edu
Sun Jul 1 16:48:02 UTC 2012

Thanks Mark,

And Kevin
 - I agree that particular uses, including emergency uses, are beyond this committee -- unless a feature in the technical spec can enable or disable an application of the technology or its use in that application.  Then it should be raised I would think.   I had thought that was the case here -- especially since with emergency systems communication networks they are putting gateways and translators in the path (to allow all types of communication to reach the NG9-1-1 centers) so the final point may not be able to directly see the originating point -and may not even be using the same technology.     That was the only reason I raised the topic.

However, I think Mark has found a balance.     Hope that works.

Gregg
Gregg Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Director Trace R&D Center
and Biomedical Engineering