[Standards] UPDATED: XEP-0301 (In-Band Real Time Text)

Barry Dingle btdingle at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 06:24:46 UTC 2012

Hi Edward,

I understand about the need to educate people about the 'traditional'
Textphone/TTY text protocols. However, I think that XEP-0301 should specify
real-time text over XMPP only.

We can put such interworking explanatory text in a separate 'Guideline'
document.  Something like the Framework document (RFC5194) for RFC4103
real-time text. Something is needed to discuss how to interwork between
Textphone/TTYs that support text and/or voice with XEP-0301 plus voice in
some form.

Cheers,
/Barry

Barry Dingle
Fixed - +61(0)3-9725-3937    Mob - +61(0)41-911-7578
Fellow of University of Melbourne, Electrical and Electronic Eng.,
Australia