[Standards] Fwd: XEP-0301 Accessibility (resurrected)

Matthew Wild mwild1 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 17:05:18 UTC 2012

On 10 July 2012 17:43, Mark Rejhon <markybox at gmail.com> wrote:
> When I say "want to be informed", means:
> "I want to be informed of all incoming real-time text attempts without
> revealing that my software supports real-time text".
>
> Example:
> *** Incoming Real-Time Text detected, but you have it turned off.  Click to
> learn more
>
> Yes, yes, I know it's an implementation issue.
> But I'm merely just trying to make it "possible"
> But all I tried was to add a single sentence to Section 5, which is causing
> all of these arguments!
>
> Help!   (hint, hint)

I'd love to - but I don't understand why this ought to be possible. If
you (as a client) support RTT and are interested in receiving RTT
attempts, why would you not advertise that fact?

As long as there is a way to advertise it but still reject attempts
(policy and UI for this is again a client issue) then I don't see what
there is here to solve?

Regards,
Matthew