[Standards] XEP-0301 Fallback Mechanism of Determining Support (Accessibility)

Gunnar Hellström gunnar.hellstrom at omnitor.se
Wed Jul 11 08:58:10 UTC 2012

Mark,
In all this, I get the impression that you design for the fragmented
case, when each XMPP service provider selects its own behavior for its
clients and only expects their clients to have communication with other
clients of the same service provider.

I am still hoping that the world shall return to openness and
interoperability,  benefiting the users, and in the end thereby also the
service providers.

Anyway, I think you have what you want if you just delete the last
paragraph of section 5, and let the fallback ( discovery-less)
alternative be described as now in 6.2 Activation.

There are enough SHOULDs in the spec to allow isolated implementors do
it their own way.

Gunnar