[Standards] UPDATED: XEP-0276 (Presence Decloaking)

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Tue Jul 17 07:53:03 UTC 2012

My only argument against this is that this layers a metasyntax into
attribute values - for that reason alone I'm leaning toward Kim's reworking
using a child element.

That said, Kim's has the additional benefit that it is extensible, and
previous experience suggests that this is always a good option. The fact
we're discussing different ways of using the field suggests extensibility
may well be needed.