[Standards] UPDATED: XEP-0276 (Presence Decloaking)

Kevin Smith kevin at kismith.co.uk
Tue Jul 17 08:34:58 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 11:41 PM, Kim Alvefur <zash at zash.se> wrote:
> If we want the `reason` bit to be flexible, why not make it some
> combination of a text label and a registry, perhaps similar to stanza
> errors.
>
> Maybe reuse the features (XEP 30, Disco) registry, like:
> <decloak>
>  <reason ver="urn:xmpp:jingle:apps:rtp:audio">Voice call</reason>
> </decloak>

Or, we could dispense with the reason entirely and just leave it at
something human readable?

<decloak>
 <reason>I want to call you</reason>
</decloak>

Including the use case seems to be somewhat conflating negotiation
(which specs generally sort out themselves via Jingle, or just aren't
negotiated) with discovery, which I think decloaking aids with.

Cutting it out makes this very simple and doesn't seem to harm us.

/K