[Standards] NEW: XEP-0308 (Last Message Correction)- Interop with XEP 0301 RTT

Kevin Smith kevin at kismith.co.uk
Thu Jul 19 07:36:50 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 12:57 AM, Mark Rejhon <markybox at gmail.com> wrote:
> Note: It sort opens a Pandora's Box if we discuss it *right now*.  If added,
> the question for X-message rectroactivity (editing messages 2 messages ago,
> or 3 messages ago, etc) will eventually need to be answered.  XEP-0308 seems
> to leave the door open to the ability to do X-message retroactivity, and
> XEP-0301 can follow suit on that, keeping things in sync.

308 currently says that you can only edit the most recent message, but
makes sure that the protocol is generic enough that one could use it
for editing previous messages if support was so indicated (early
versions included such a discovery feature, but the community majority
of those who gave feedback wanted this dropped).

/K