[Standards] UPDATED: XEP-0301 (In-Band Real Time Text) -- candidate for LAST CALL

Mark Rejhon markybox at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 14:56:18 UTC 2012

*On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 10:32 AM, Edward Tie <famtie at xs4all.nl> wrote:
*

>  *I missed some articles at Capther 8
> *8. Interoperability Considerations
>  I missed some articles about Captional telephone  (SMS) and classic text
> telephones (V.18 and V.22 bis) .
>  Can you explain why do you not added a sub article about a gateway to
> classic textphones and Capational telephones?
>  Earlier week have some poeple dissussed about addional proposual article
> ?

We had a further internal discussion -- Info about it will instead be put
at the Interoperability section of the Real Time Text Taskforce -- I was
trying to shrink certain parts of the spec by optimizing sentences, and the
Interoperability section was one section that ended up getting shrunk
slightly.    (XEP-0301 is one of the larger XEP's, even though it is much
smaller than the original 0.0.1 submission of this spec.)

Can someone else outside the R3TF also comment about the inclusion of a
small TTY/textphone paragraph in Interoperability considerations?  (Yea's
and Nay's -- I know I've gotten a couple of Nay's already.)

Thanks,
Mark Rejhon