[Standards] UPDATED: XEP-0296 (Best Practices for Resource Locking)

Philipp Hancke fippo at goodadvice.pages.de
Mon Jul 23 17:26:38 UTC 2012

old thread alert... (but it's time to get that updated anyway).

Only minor nitpicks, dumped here for searchability/traceability, I'm
quite happy with this otherwise.

- 2.2. does not apply to <message type=error/>. Potentially receiving
any error (message for sure, maybe also presence) from the locked
resource unlocks the resource.

- typing notifications should be sent to the locked resource, otherwise
strange things happen. of course, typing notications are just <message/>
stanzas so that should already happen, but it might be worth mentioning it.

that sufficient to lock the sender resource? I think so (which is also
the current behaviour), but that should probably be documented as an
additional assumption :-)

Additionally, there is a typo in section 1: "epsecially"