[Standards] Call for Experience: Advancement of XEP-0071 (XHTML-IM) to Final

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Tue Jul 31 21:13:04 UTC 2012

> If you have any comments about advancing XEP-0071 from Draft to Final,
> please provide them by the close of business on Friday, August 31, 2012.

Section 12.4 of XEP-0071 (version 1.4) reads in full:

###

12.4 W3C Review

The XHTML 1.0 Integration Set defined herein has been reviewed
informally by an editor of the XHTML Modularization in XML Schema
specification but has not undergone formal review by the W3C. Before the
XHTML-IM specification proceeds to a status of Final within the
standards process of the XMPP Standards Foundation, the XMPP Council is
encouraged to pursue a formal review through communication with the
Hypertext Coordination Group within the W3C.

###

Although I would in fact like to obtain such a formal W3C review, I
don't think it's realistic to make formal W3C review a gating factor for
advancement to Final because the folks who work on HTML at the W3C are
very busy with HTML5 (and will be for the foreseeable future as far as I
can see).

https://stpeter.im/