[Standards] UPDATED: XEP-0277 (Microblogging over XMPP)

Sergey Dobrov binary at jrudevels.org
Wed May 23 07:21:22 UTC 2012

On 05/23/2012 01:38 PM, Tim wrote:
> Is there something planned to replace the removed "Attaching file to a
> post" part ?
> There was no clear explanation for this change.

There are two problems with the feature:

1) this feature is too early: we have no solutions for some very
important problems to think about such features as file attachments
2) the feature was too highly specialized: it did not describe HOW files
should be served meaning HTTP storage but no any client can easily store
(and maybe read too) to HTTP, we have to think how it can be done in
more flexible manner first. (And it's a complicated problem too. For now
my implementation (http://b.habahaba.im/) has a feature of pictures and
files storage but it receive them via Stream Initiation and put on HTTP
storage, anyway it needs clarification).
3) I think that it's too excessive to describe each feature Atom gave us
in the XEP. (The feature consisted in just addition of a link to a post).

--
With best regards,
Sergey Dobrov,