[Standards] File sharing xep proposal

Sergey Dobrov binary at jrudevels.org
Thu Nov 8 08:20:46 UTC 2012

Hello Jefry,

Thank you for the HTML version you provided.

The problem is very actual so thank you for your interest too.

The first thing is that I think that the XEP-0135
(http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0135.html) way of browsing files is
nicer because it reuses service discovery in very natural way. :) But
the search compatibilities you provided in your XEP are nice too, but I
think that queries should be improved though.

The other thing I noticed is that you saying the the client MUST respond
with the list of files if it was queried to do so. I don't think it's
right because there are many conditions when client might decide not to
do so: permissions control, bandwith control, etc.

--
With best regards,
Sergey Dobrov,