[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: File Information Sharing

Jefry Lagrange jefry.reyes at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 15:57:24 UTC 2012

On 11/28/2012 05:00 AM, Sergey Dobrov wrote:
> I still think that reusing of service discovery to discover shared
> files as it was in the XEP-135 is better. jabber:iq:search can be
> reused there too.

Well, like I said, I've been trying to do this extension for a year now.
In that time there have been plenty of drafts that use XEP-135. Every
draft I made have tradeoffs, so there is no perfect solution.

I really don't mind what shape the extension has, as long as the
functionality remains the same. If this one gets rejected, I will make
another one using XEP-135.

> Also, it seems that there is a mistake in the regex here:
>
> <validate xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/xdata-validate'
>           datatype='xs:string'>
> <regex>*.png</regex>
> </validate>

Yea, I used glob because I didn't have time to learn the one that the
xep uses. Do could you provide me with the right regex?