[Standards] disco identity for "client/smartphone"?

Guus der Kinderen guus.der.kinderen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 14:29:08 UTC 2012

I'm wondering to what extend the new definition would add value, or is more
likely to introduce confusion.

Smartphones might be more likely to offer specialized functionality, but as
the set of functionality that's offered by a particular model will likely
be different from another model, you'd have to discover support for
individual functionality anyway.

Perhaps 'smartphone' would suggest better/more stable connectivity, as a
smartphone is more likely to utilize a higher generation of mobile
telecommunications technology and/or WiFi, but that's an iffy deduction at
best.

Any other distinctive characteristics that I'm missing? If not, I'd prefer
not to add another identity (although I'll not be a vocal opponent either).

Regards,

 - Guus