[Standards] xep-027 encrypted filetransfers

Александр sss at sss.chaoslab.ru
Wed Oct 17 11:57:03 UTC 2012

On Пятница, 12-окт-2012 00:46:57 Александр wrote:

On Четверг, 11-окт-2012 23:33:48 Andreas Kuckartz wrote:
> Александр:
> > Hi all, i have implemented encrypted filetransfers in my
> > realization of xep-027 in new_gpg plugin fro miranda im/ng, but
> > currently it supported only in miranda, i would like to extend
> > xep-027 to have defined encrypted filetransfers. is it possible ?
>
> Did you look at XEP-0234 ?
>
> Cheers,
> Andreas

not yet, but my method implement encrypted transfers for any type of
filetransfer, not just jingle (which as i know not supported by most clients
currently ?), but my method is very primitive ....

i have looked on XEP-0234 and related XEP's, found only some information about
optional ssl/tls encryption, but this is not end-to-end, and not pgp like, i
mean it's vulnerable to man in middle attack on server side, ot i have missed
something ?